This is our official list of the best chlorella products on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||Hard Rhino Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
|#2||Sun Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
|#3||Healthforce Nutritionals Chlorella Manna||Lowest Price More Info|
|#4||Green Foods Organic Chlorella Powder||Lowest Price More Info|
|#5||Source Naturals Emerald Garden Organic Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
|#6||Pure Mountain Botanicals Broken Cell Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
|#7||Health Ranger Select Organic Clean Chlorella SL||Lowest Price More Info|
|#8||Synergy Natural Organic Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
|#9||Raw Organic Chlorella Powder||Lowest Price More Info|
|#10||Planetary Herbals Haiku Organic Chlorella||Lowest Price More Info|
Most Effective Chlorella Supplements Reviewed
- Contains 3 g of broken cell Chlorella per serving
- No other ingredients
- Serving size is about ½ tbsp. or 3 grams
- Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, take 3 grams (~1/2 tbsp.) with 8 – 16 ounces of water or suitable beverage. Taken 1 – 3 times daily or as recommended by your qualified health professional.
- This product contains no Soy, Dairy, Dairy byproducts, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Wheat, Gluten, Tree Nuts, or Sesame Seeds.
- This is a NON-GMO ingredient manufactured using organic starting ingredients.
- Manufactured and packaged in the USA
- In-area lab examined for identity and purity
- Contains 3 g of Chlorella pyrenoidosa (pulverized) which includes lutein, alpha-carotene, chlorophyll, omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids per serving
- Also contains vitamins A, D B6, B12, riboflavin, niacin, folate, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium
- Products contains 10 calories, less than 1 g of carbohydrate, and 2 g of protein per serving
- Other ingredients include: soy lecithin (derived from soybeans that were not genetically modified)
- This product can be purchased in granule form that can quickly be added to a drink or sprinkled over food. It can also be purchase in 200 mg or 500 mg tablets
- Serving size is 1 packet or granules, 15 200 mg tablets, or 5 500 mg tablets
- Headquarters opened in Japan in 1969 and in the USA in 1982
- Manufactured by breaking the cell wall without chemicals or damaging heat
- Contains 5 g of 100% Pure Broken Cell Wall Chlorella Manna (Chlorella Vulgaris) per serving
- Also contains Vitamins, A, C, and Iron
- Each serving contains 20 calories, 0.5 g fat, 3 g of protein, and 1 g or carbohydrates
- Serving size is approximately 1 tablespoon
- Suggested Use: Start with 1 teaspoon and slowly work up to one tablespoon per day, either all at once or divided. Chlorella is a food. It can be taken directly, mixed with water/juice, sprinkled on salads, or mixed with food.
- No fillers, binders, or any other additives
- Sources in South Korea in indoor tanks
- Grown by TruGanic™ standards and carefully dried at low temperatures to retain life force, enzymes, and other heat-sensitive elements.
- Contains 3 g of Organic Chlorella (Chlorella Vulgaris) per serving
- Also contains Vitamins A, C, B6, B12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, and Chlorophyll
- Each serving contains 9 calories and 2 g of protein
- Broken Cell Wall, Increased Bioavailability: the special method of breaking the cell wall, at low temperature under low lighting allows the nutrients to remain intact and available for absorption
- Suggested Use: Take 3 grams (approx. 1 teaspoon) daily. Mix with water, fruit juice, or vegetable juice, or sprinkle on top of food. For those that may have sensitive digestive systems, start at a
- smaller dose and gradually increase over time.
- No added sugar, salt, colorings, binders, additives, or fillers and is free of animal products, gluten, soy, wheat, yeast, and genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- Grown in Hainan Island, China. Certified organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI).
- Powder contains 3 g of Organic chlorella and tablet contains 2 g or Organic chlorella per serving
- Also contains Vitamins A, C, B12, Iron, chlorophyll, and mixed carotenoids
- Broken cell wall chlorella
- Suggested use for powder: 1 level teaspoon mixed or blended with at least 8 ounces of water or other liquid 1 to 2 times daily
- Suggested use for tablets: 10 tablets daily with meals
- Non-GMO, free of binders, fillers, or excipients
- 100% vegan and organic
- Suitable for vegetarians and hypoallergenic: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat
- No sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance
- Contains 500 mg of broken cell wall, Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa powder
- Other ingredients include: Modified vegetable cellulose
- Servings per container: 90 capsules
- Service size is 1 veggie cap
- Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule 1-3 times per day or as directed by a healthcare professional
- No GMO’s, gluten, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, irradiation, plastic containers, fillers, artificial colors, binders, artificial preservatives, or harsh solvents
- Product is Kosher, 100% vegetarian, and sustainably sourced
- Contains 200 mg of Organic broken cell wall Organic Chlorella per serving
- Also contains Vitamins A, C, E, Iron, Niacin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Potassium as well as Chlorophyll, Beta-Carotene, Folic acid, and Inositol
- Each serving contains 20 calories, 1 g of carbohydrates, and 3 g of protein
- Suggested use: If you’ve never taken chlorella before, we advise you to start slowly (two tablets) and observe how it makes you feel and how your body reacts to it. For people who have been on junk food diets, chlorella can be startling to the system because it’s such a potent superfood. You may need to ease into it gradually and work your way up to 25 tablets daily
- Product of Taiwan, grown in sunlight, hydrated from mountain spring water
- No GMO’s, Certified USDA Organic
- A+ rating for Low Heavy Metals by The Natural News Forensic Food Lab
- Comes in powder form as well
- Contains 200 mg of Chlorella powder per serving
- Suggested use: Start with 2 tablets per day for the first week or two. Maintenance: 6 tablets per day.
- Optimum: 6 tablets three times daily or 18 tablets totally per day. Best taken at or after meals with plenty of fluid (preferably water to assist the removal of toxins.) Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Grown outdoors and gently processed by cracking the cell walls for digestibility and absorption
- No filler or additives used
- 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan, and 100% palm oil free
- Australian Certified Organic
- Sourced from a sub-tropical island the Pacific Ocean, isolated from heavy industrial operations and utilizing pure, underground spring water.
- To preserve the nutrient and enzyme content, each bottle is nitrogen flushed to eliminate oxygen
- Contains 2 g of Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa powder per serving
- Product is cold-pressed below 118 degrees and formulated with split cell wall for maximum digestibility
- Also contains Vitamins A, C, B12, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Riboflavin
- Contains 12 calories and 2 g of protein per serving
- Serving size is 1 teaspoon
- Suggested Use: Mix 1 teaspoon with water, fruit juice or vegetable juice.
- No additives, fillers, or preservatives
- Certified USDA Organic, No GMO’s, Vegan and Kosher
- This Chlorella is sourced from China
- Contains Organic Chlorella Yielding Approximately 2 g per serving
- Also contains vitamins A, C, B12, Iron, Chlorophyll, and mixed carotenoids
- Each serving size has 10 calories and 1 g of protein
- Serving size is 10 200 mg tablets
- Suggested use: Take 10 tablets daily with meals
- Non-GMO, 100% organic, vegetarian, and free of binders, fillers, excipients
- Manufacturing facilities are registered as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant
Chlorella Supplements Guide
What is Chlorella?
Chlorella is a type of single-celled algae that grows in fresh water and is used to make medicines and supplements. Chlorella has become one of the world’s most nutritious superfoods as it is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and contains a large amount of directly available chlorophyll.
Chlorella is also one of the highest sources of protein on the planet and contains more chlorophyll per gram than any other plant in the world. Some of the amazing benefits of chlorella include the following: helps keep the immune system working in sound condition, may boost brain and heart health, may reduce body aches and pains, can support the look and health of skin, may support eye health, may ease digestion and bowel movements, helps keeps your liver healthy, can support a healthy blood sugar, may support an alert and sharp mind, and promotes joint health.
Chlorella is also amazing because it attracts and captures heavy metals, toxins, bacteria, and radiation which makes it one of the best detoxifying agents in the world today.
Things to Look for in a Good Chlorella Supplement
One of the most important things to look for in a good chlorella supplement is how the product is manufactured. Chlorella is completely indigestible by humans because we do not have the enzymes to break down the outer cell wall of chlorella.
The cell wall of chlorella must be broken down in bio-available form before people can digest it. Therefore, it is highly important that the manufacturing process has broken down the cell wall or that the chlorella is grown indoors where the cell wall is thin enough to be digestible. It is also important to research the water quality and the source of where the chlorella has been grown to ensure that it is free of toxins and contaminants. Just because it is labeled organically grown in another country does not guarantee that it is clean and pure.
How to Take Chlorella
It is important to note that some people tolerate chlorella better than others. You should take it slow when starting any new supplement, but especially when starting Chlorella because of its natural detoxification properties.
Due to the cleansing and detoxifying nature of chlorella, you may experience a mild headache, diarrhea, or gas when first adding it to your diet. These symptoms are normal and should subside within a few days. Chlorella can be orally taken in tablet or capsule form or it can be used in powder form and mixed with water or another liquid. Chlorella is best when the recommended daily dose can be spread throughout the day.
Do not take this or any other supplement if under the age of 18, pregnant or nursing a baby, or if you have any known or suspected medical conditions and/or taking prescription drug(s) or OTC medication(s). Always consult with a qualified health physician before taking any new dietary supplement.