This is our official list of the best ginger products on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||NOW Foods Ginger Root||Lowest Price More Info|
|#2||Nature’s Way Ginger Root||Lowest Price More Info|
|#3||Solaray Organically Grown Ginger Root||Lowest Price More Info|
|#4||Pure Mountain Botanicals Ginger||Lowest Price More Info|
|#5||Pure Encapsulations Ginger Extract||Lowest Price More Info|
|#6||Gaia Herbs Ginger||Lowest Price More Info|
|#7||Solgar Ginger Root||Lowest Price More Info|
|#8||Bluebonnet Ginger Root Extract||Lowest Price More Info|
|#9||Oregon’s Wild Harvest Ginger||Lowest Price More Info|
|#10||Himalaya Ginger||Lowest Price More Info|
Most Effective Ginger Supplements Reviewed
Here are ten ginger supplements that are natural, safe and effective to use:
NOW Foods Ginger Root offers capsule ginger supplements to help balance immune responses, aid in the digestion of dietary fats and support cardiovascular function. Since 1968, NOW Foods strives to produce affordable and natural products that exceed quality and safety standards. Their ginger capsules work as powerful antioxidants that can be taken safey up to five times per day.
- Each capsule contains 250mg of ginger extract root and 225mg of ginger powder root.
- All capsules are 100% vegetarian.
- They are sugar-free, salt-free, wheat-free and gluten-free
- Can also be used to alleviate pain from sports injuries and arthritis.
Nature’s Way is the first major brand to receive TRU-ID certification This certification
program utilizes cutting edge DNA biotechnology to ensure the authenticity of herbal products. Nature’s Way guarantees that all herbs listed on labels match exactly what is in the products. They guarantee that all their ginger capsules contain 1.3% essential oils, which is the amount they believe is best for aiding in motion sickness and gastrointestinal relief.
- 550mg of ginger root in each capsule.
- Non-GMO product
- Made with no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
This supplement comes in capsule form and is an organically grown, excipient free product which can be taken 2-5 times a day with food or water.
- One serving contains 1,080 milligrams of organic ginger root.
- 100% vegetarian with no additives or fillers
- Product is certified by one more of the following: of the following: International Certification Services, Inc., Oregon Tilth, Quality Assurance International, Quality Certification Services, Washington State Department of Agriculture.
With a passion for providing the most natural products to optimize health, Pure Mountain Botanical’s ginger capsules are made with only 100% certified organic ingredients and nothing else. They are so confident in their product that they implement a 100% money back guarantee with no questions asked. Recommended serving is one capsule, 1-3 times per day.
- Contains 500mg of certified organic ginger root.
- Product is Vegan, as well as kosher-frees and gluten free.
- Sustainably sourced and tested for potency.
- Best used for indigestion and nausea relief.
Pure Encapsulation’s Ginger Extract comes in easily-digestible capsule form and is made with hypo-allergenic, vegan ingredients. Due to the fact 15% of Americans tested have are affected by a chemical ingredient sensitivity, Pure Encapsulation always guarantees products that are free from contaminants.
- Each capsule has 500mg of ginger and 25 mg of gingerol
- Helps to stimulate digestive enzymes and increase bile production from the liver and gall bladder.
- Supports circulatory and digestive systems
- Product is non GMO, soy free, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian and dairy free
This supplement comes in capsule form and is and utilizes dual extraction technology in order to deliver the broadest spectrum of herbal activity. Gaia Herbs Ginger is produced by Gaia Farms, which promises purity, integrity, and potency in ever product and even implements an herb traceability program to ensure quality.
- Comprised of 150 mg of ginger root CO2 supercritical extract and 25 mg of turmeric supercritical extract
- Laboratory tested for purity.
- Its liquid potency makes for easy absorption.
- It is an easily digestible plant derived capsule that is 100 percent vegetarian, dairy free and gluten free.
Solgar has been committed to producing quality nutritional supplements since 1947 with the goal of supporting everyone’s total health and well being. Their ginger root comes in capsule form and is made by the implementation of traditional herbalism as well as utilizing standard herbal technology. Suggested use is one capsule two times daily.
- Each capsule contains 300mg of standardized ginger extract and 150mg of raw ginger powder.
- Made without the use of preservatives, artificial flavors and colors.
- Product is dairy-free, corn-free, wheat-free and yeast-free
In the business for over 25 years, Bluebonnet utilizes a clean and gentle extraction method to capture and preserve the most valuable components of ginger. Made with a pure vegetarian/vegan formula that promotes maximum absorption, capsules are easy to swallow and ingest. One capsule per day is recommended for maximum health benefits.
- The product contains 300mg of ginger root extract and 15mg of gingerol.
- These 100% kosher vegetable capsules are also free of fish, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts wheat and soy beans.
- Also wheat-free, yeast-free, gluten-free, and sodium and sugar-free.
Since 1994, Oregon’s Wild Harvest has been on a mission to produce nutritional supplements that are made only from non-GMO seeds in order to best support a healthy body. Their ginger capsules are carefully prepared to maintain optimum potency. The capsules are marketed to help reduce nausea associated with motion. Recommended serving is 2 capsules per day.
- Each capsule contains 1,000mg of organic ginger root.
- Ginger root is certified organic and non-GMO verified.
- Product is 100% vegetarian and is manufactured in the U.S.
Since its establishment in 1930, Himalaya has earned a reputation as a trusted brand as 1,214 published clinical trials have been conducted on their products. Their ginger root capsules are USDA certified organic and absolutely no pesticides are used from seed to shelf. They promote these capsules as supporters in normal immune function, normal digestion and normal white blood cell function.
- Each capsule contains 557mg of organic ginger powder, 233mg of organic ginger extract and 30mg of organic ginger standardized supercritical CO2
- All capsules are 100%vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
Ginger Supplements Guide
What Are Ginger Supplements?
Ginger ranks among one of the healthiest spices on the planet. Although ginger has been utilized for thousands of years in Eastern medicine to promote good digestion and treat other ailments, the Western world is just catching on to its numerous health benefits. Multiple scientific studies have been conducted that prove ginger’s anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, anti-carcinogenic and general antioxidant capabilities.
In everyday life, ginger can be effectively used to treat migraines, reduce pain and inflammation, relieve menstrual cramps, treat motion sickness, boost the immune system in order to fight colds and flus, promote energy circulation and even ward off serious disease like diabetes and cancer.
This miraculous food is actually a flowering plant that first originated in China. It is a member of the same plant species that other powerful medicinal herbs, like turmeric and cardamon, belong to. The key compound in ginger that houses most of its medicinal powers is gingerol. Gingerol is a natural oil that has numerous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Without a doubt, consuming ginger can have positive effects on your body. There is no evidence to support that consumption of this plant is dangerous in anyway.
Things to Look for in a Good Ginger Supplement
In Western society, most peoples’ familiarity with ginger is in the form of a beverage, that is, ginger ale. Parents have used ginger ale for ages as a safe way to help their children alleviate a stomach ache. While this is certainly well intentioned, some people don’t take time to check the ingredients list, as many ginger flavored products sold on the market do not contain real ginger. In order for the product to be effective in relieving nausea, always read the label to ensure it contains real ginger and not just an imitation.
If you are going to take ginger in supplement form, it is best to shop for ginger capsules or powders at health foods store or online company that specializes in herbal medicine products. You want your supplements to contain ginger that is 100% organic and doesn’t contain any unnecessary additives.
How to Take Ginger
Ginger is used in many culinary dishes, and it can come in many forms. You can purchase whole fresh roots or dried roots, powdered ginger, crystallized ginger or even pickled ginger. People use ginger in baking breads and cookies. It is commonly used as a tea flavor, and many use it as a main spice to add flavor to various hot dishes. A lot of people love the taste of ginger, while others find it to be a bit too strong. Ginger supplements are an excellent option for those looking to add ginger to their diet in a quick and effective way. For those who don’t enjoy the taste. ginger supplements can be purchased in the form of capsules, which can be taken with a glass of water.
Taking ginger without a meal is no problem, as it’s anti-nausea properties mean it definitely won’t upset an empty stomach. For those who enjoy the taste, ginger powder can also be purchased and added to smoothies or teas.