This is our official list of the best ginkgo biloba products on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||Gaia Herbs Ginkgo Leaf||Lowest Price More Info|
|#2||Oregon’s Wild Harvest Ginkgo||Lowest Price More Info|
|#3||NOW Foods Ginkgo Biloba||Lowest Price More Info|
|#4||Puritan’s Pride Ginkgo Biloba||Lowest Price More Info|
|#5||Nature’s Way Ginkgo||Lowest Price More Info|
|#6||Nature’s Answer Ginkgo||Lowest Price More Info|
|#7||Pure Encapsulations Ginkgo||Lowest Price More Info|
|#8||Solaray Ginkgo Biloba||Lowest Price More Info|
|#9||Bluebonnet Ginkgo Biloba||Lowest Price More Info|
|#10||Nature’s Plus Ginkgo Biloba||Lowest Price More Info|
Most Effective Ginkgo Biloba Products Reviewed
Gaia Herbs has an excellent track record, and they are a well known manufacturer of herbal supplements. Gaia Herbs Ginkgo Leaf comes in capsule form, and it contains all of the essential components found in ginkgo biloba. It is an alcohol free supplement.
- Gaia Herbs Ginkgo Leaf contains 24% ginkgo flavinoid glycosides, which is the active ingredient in the herb. The supplement is equivalent to the active components of 4.285 grams of unprocessed ginkgo biloba or 86 mg of ginkgo biloba extract.
- Gaia Herbs Ginkgo Leaf supplement contains all of the phytochemicals that are present in the ginkgo biloba leaf.
- There are 60 capsules contained in a bottle of Gaia Herbs’ Ginkgo Leaf supplement.
Oregon Wild Harvest Ginkgo is made from freshly milled ginkgo leaf, and it uses a standardized method of extraction.
- Oregon Wild Harvest Ginkgo contains a high dose of 180mg ginkgo biloba extract per pill with 24% ginkgo flavanoglycosides and 6% terpene lactones.
- The supplement is made from vegetarian friendly products.
- Oregon Wild Harvest Ginkgo has gotten reviews of more than four and a half stars on Amazon, and all reviews have been at least 3 stars.
- It is available for less than 20 dollars per bottle.
NOW Foods Ginkgo Biloba is a vegetarian friendly ginkgo biloba supplement that is quite popular and has many positive user reviews.
- It comes in two dosages of 60mg and 120mg.
- Uses an extraction ratio of 50:1.
- Is vegan friendly, and it contains no GMO ingredients.
- Now Foods Ginkgo Biloba is kosher.
- It also is safe for those suffering from many food allergies. Not only does it not contain major allergens, but it is produced in a facility that doesn’t work with any major allergens.
Puritan’s Pride Ginkgo Biloba is a supplement that contains a sizable dose of ginkgo biloba, and it comes from a well known manufacturer.
- One version contains 120mg of ginkgo biloba extract, but you can also get 60mg capsules.
- The bottle contains 120 capsules.
- Puritan’s Pride Ginkgo Biloba is affordable at a price of less than 10 dollars for a bottle. However, it is possible to get 3 bottles for a price of less than 15 dollars. This works out to a price of less than 10 cents per pill!
- Puritan’s Pride Ginkgo Biloba has gotten great reviews.
Nature’s Way is one of the most widely known producers of supplements, and they have been selling them for many years. This is their Ginkgo product and it’s a high quality product.
- Nature’s Way Ginkgo contains 60mg of ginkgo biloba extract with 24% ginkgo flavanoglycosides and 6% terpene lactones.
- Comes in a large bottle size of either 60 or 120 capsules per bottle.
- Available at the low price of less than ten dollars from many vendors.
- The supplement is made using a standardized formula.
- It also contains another herb, called Gotu Kola at a dose of 200mg.
- Gluten free, and it contains no artificial coloring, preservatives, or artificial flavorings.
- Nature’s Way Ginkgo is free of many common allergens, such as wheat and soy.
Nature’s Answer Ginkgo is an alcohol free liquid extract. This makes it a perfect option for people who dislike taking pills. Rather than being a pill, drops of the extract can be added to food or a beverage with an eyedropper.
- Since it is a liquid extract, the extraction ratio is different (4:1 rather than 50:1). The supplement contains 2000mg of ginkgo biloba extract, which is equivalent to 160mg of 50:1 extract.
- It is also vegetarian and vegan friendly. Vegetable glycerin is used rather than gelatin.
- This supplement has exceptionally high reviews with all reviews falling into the 5 star category!
Pure Encapsulations Ginkgo offers a sizable dose of ginkgo biloba, and it’s also sold in sizes of 60 and 120 capsule bottles.
- Pure Encapsulations Ginkgo contains 160mg of ginkgo biloba extract, with 24% ginkgoheterosides along with 6% terpene lactones.
- Pure Encapsulations Ginkgo is not made using genetically modified products, and it is vegan friendly ingredients.
- The price is affordable at $54.40 for 120 capsules and 60 capsules for $31.20.
Solaray Ginkgo Biloba is an affordable ginkgo biloba supplement from a well known supplement manufacturer.
- Solaray’s Ginkgo Biloba supplement contain 60mg of ginkgo biloba extract per pill with 14.4mg of ginkgo biloba flavanogylcosides and 3.6mg of terpene lactones.
- Solaray Ginkgo Biloba uses a standardized extraction method.
- It is a 120 capsule bottle.
- The price is reasonable at only $22.53 per bottle. This gives the supplement a price of only about 19 cents per pill!
Bluebonnet Ginkgo Biloba is available in 30 and 60 capsule bottles. Bluebonnet is a well known manufacturer of supplements, and they have been in business for quite some time. Additionally, Bluebonnet has gotten many great reviews on their supplements.
- Bluebonnet Ginkgo Biloba contains 60mg of ginkgo biloba extract, with 24% ginkgo flavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones.
- Bluebonnet Ginkgo Biloba is vegan friendly.
- It is suitable for those suffering from many food allergies. It is free of egg, milk, crustacean shellfish, soybean, wheat, peanut, tree nut, or fish ingredients.
- A water based extraction is used to create Bluebonnet ginkgo biloba supplements.
- It is affordably priced at less than 15 dollars per bottle.
Nature’s Plus Ginkgo Biloba is designed for extended release. This means that an active concentration of ginkgo biloba enters your bloodstream throughout the day.
- Nature’s Plus Ginkgo Biloba contains 120mg mg ginkgo biloba extract.
- The bottle of the supplement contains 60 pills.
- It is priced at less than 30 dollars from most sources. This makes the price per pill less than 50 cents.
- Nature’s Plus Ginkgo Biloba is vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- It also is gluten free, which makes it suitable for those with celiac disease.
- In addition, Nature’s Plus Ginkgo Biloba is hypo-allergenic.
Ginkgo Biloba Supplements Guide
What Is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo Biloba is derived from a tree that is native to China, and ginkgo biloba supplements are derived from the tree’s leaves. While the leaves themselves are sometimes boiled into tea, most ginkgo biloba supplements on the market contain an extract from the plant. To learn more about the ginkgo tree, you can find more information here.
The supplement is used to promote a higher level of cognitive function in those with cognitive problems and in healthy individuals. It also is used to help lower anxiety levels, and it is used for some conditions of a non-cognitive nature, such as peripheral vascular disease, PMS, balance disorders, glaucoma, and vision problems resulting from diabetes. It is thought that these benefits come as a result of ginkgo biloba increasing the amount of blood flow to the brain.
Things To Look For In A Good Ginkgo Biloba Supplement:
It is important that the brand of supplements that you purchase is from a reputable manufacturer. To ensure that you are purchasing supplements from a reputable source, make sure you find a large amount of positive information about the product. Ideally, a company that you purchase from should have been in business for a long time. Also, check the inactive ingredient list on the ginkgo supplement. Ideally, a ginkgo biloba supplement should not contain magnesium sterate or titanium dioxide.
How To Take Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba is typically taken in multiple doses throughout the course of the day. Generally speaking, it is taken two or three times daily. It also is best to take ginkgo biloba supplements with a meal and a full sized glass of water. This helps the supplement to be effectively absorbed, which makes it more effective.
Prior to taking any ginkgo biloba supplement, it is essential that you check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure it doesn’t interact with any medications that you are taking. Ginkgo biloba does have some medically significant drug interactions, such as being potentially harmful to mix with blood thinners and seizure medications. Additionally, if you suffer from medical problems, it is important to check with your doctor prior to taking ginkgo biloba.
Recommended dosages vary according to specific use. Ginkgo biloba is most effective when taken in 120-240mg doses if the purpose is increasing cognitive function in a healthy adult. Higher doses are sometimes used in those that are suffering from cognitive problems, but higher doses do not typically produce an increased effect for healthy individuals. For those suffering from anxiety, 240-480mg of ginkgo biloba per day is most effective. Depression sufferers often do best with 240mg of ginkgo biloba a day. For children, the dosages are a bit different. Children who suffer ADHD have had success with taking 40-120mg of ginkgo biloba.
When you take ginkgo biloba for any purpose, it is important to note that results may not occur right away. In many cases, it takes anywhere between four and six weeks for the benefits of ginkgo biloba to appear.
For more information on how to use ginkgo biloba, visit this link.