Looking for the best pre-workout of 2015?
So what is a pre workout supplement?
You can learn a lot about something from it’s name. This is no exception. A pre workout is simply that, a supplement you take before you workout or engage in intense physical activity.
The best pre workout supplements are going to provide you with a boost of energy that is brought on by nitric oxide ingredients. Along with that energy boost, you’ll also be provided with longer endurance and if you’re lifting weights you’ll get what is known as a “pump”. A pump is that feeling you get when blood rushes to your muscles and it feels like they grew 2 inches and you can take on the world.
Why use a pre workout supplement?
Using a pre-workout supplement can be a great way of enhancing your energy levels and mental focus, enhancing pumps, improving recovery, and even things like boosting your endurance and reducing lactic acid. The best pre workout is going to give you amazing pumps and energy while you destroy the weight room or whatever physical activity it is you find yourself doing after you drink it.
The actual benefits you reap from any given supplement will depend on which one you choose because there are a lot of different ingredients available.
One example of this is caffeine; not everyone likes to take high doses of caffeine because they are either particularly sensitive to stimulants or would rather enjoy a nice strong cup of coffee before training.
Are pre-workout supplements dangerous?
Well they are not designed to be dangerous or to hurt you. However, they are a strong stimulant. If you are sensitive to stimulant then it’s probably best to avoid pre workout products. The thing is, everyone is different and has a different medical history so your best option, and one we always recommend, is to speak with your doctor first before taking any pre workout supplement.
Some guy told me a pre workout supplement is a steroid…
Well that guy is dumb! And he should feel bad! Pre workout supplements are not steroids nor are they ever advertised as such. The fitness world is just full of weird rumors and tons of nonsense. Just gotta weed through it and stay logical and always keep learning!
Do pre-workout supplements really work?
Yes. Yes they do, and the best pre workout supplements work really well. Now you’ll hear different things from different people. Some people will swear that pre workout supplements do nothing for them or that they’re a waste of money, but in my experience as well as TONS of feedback from users both online and in the real world, pre workout supplements do the job that they are intended to do.
Some people might go in with expectations that are too high, they might consider a pre-workout as some magic drug that will help them bench press 200lbs more than they did yesterday. Well this is silly and if you expect that, then you’re always going to leave disappointed.
Yes, a pre workout supplement will give you an energy boost. Simple as that.
Tolerance to Pre-Workout Supplements
That being said, tolerance is a real thing. You will eventually get used to the stimulation and your body will not feel the effects as much. This is why I always recommend taking 2-4 weeks off after every month of using pre workout. Not only is it going to help keep the product effective, it’ll save you money in the long run.
When should you take your pre workout and how many scoops?
Well as the name suggests, you should take it before your workouts and the amount you take is going to depend on your tolerance level.
Here are a few basic guidelines to help you get started:
- Try to take it on an empty stomach, this will prevent dilution and enhance effects of the product
- If you’re a beginner stick to 1 scoop for about a week or two, this will prevent you from staying up all night! Once you build tolerance, add another scoop. We do not recommend anything more than 2 scoops. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE LABEL INSTRUCTIONS and consult a doctor before using any products mentioned on this site.
- Take your pre workout 25-45 mins BEFORE heading to the gym, this will give it time to kick in and you’ll get better results and more energy. You don’t want it kicking in too late and wasting it.
- Try to limit the amount you take if you’re taking it close to bedtime, because IT WILL keep you awake, especially if you’re a beginner and haven’t built up a tolerance yet.
Choosing the right pre workout
Choosing the best pre-workout supplement can be a real minefield because there is so much variation between brands in terms of purity, ingredients used, and the actual dosages of those ingredients that are provided.
Below you’ll find that we’ve selected the top 10 best pre-workout supplements for 2015.
A few things we look at for our choices of the best pre workout this year
- Brand quality and the reputation it has
- Quality of production
- Pricing weighed against serving amount per container
- User reviews, complaints and general feedback on various online stores
- Flavor, taste, texture
- Ingredient list and quantity
These supplements have been shown to be the best pre-workouts based on user reviews and value for money so you should easily be able to determine which one is going to be best for you based on exactly what you’re looking for.
These are all great products and whichever one you choose will do the trick, but obviously, the better ranked they are, the better value you will get.
Top 10 Pre-Workout Supplements for 2015
#10 – BSN No Xplode 3.0
No Xplode 3.0 by BSN is probably one of the most well-known pre-workouts on the market today, and although it has moved down a few places in our pre-workout rankings is still definitely one of the best options available — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in eight awesome flavours
- Guaranteed to give you skin-splitting pumps
- Includes caffeine to enhance your mental focus
- Provides a full spectrum of amino acids to promote recovery
- Essential electrolytes are included to facilitate hydration and endurance
Enhancing pumps, inducements, and overall recovery, this product deserves a spot on any pre-workout list and should be an affordable option for even the most meagre of supplement budgets.
|BSN N.O Xplode|
#9 – Jack3d Advanced Formula
Advanced Formula by Jack3d doesn’t earn a top spot in our pre-workout rankings because of a lack of BCAA, but it will enhance your pumps and reduce lactic acid to help you crank out extra reps on your toughest sets. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in three fruity flavours
- Includes two forms of creatine to maximise cell volumization
- Citrulline acts as a precursor to nitric oxide to enhance pumps
- Yohimbe provides a potent fat-burning component
- Also includes Beta Alanine to reduce lactic acid accumulation
As you can see from the above points, Jack3d Advanced Formula definitely lives up to its name by providing many of the essential building blocks of a decent pre-workout formulation. The only thing you will really need to add to this is a source of BCAA to promote muscle protein synthesis.
|Go To Full Product Page|
#8 – Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout
Optimum Nutrition certainly hold the Gold Standard when it comes to whey protein powder, and while there are arguably better options there is no denying that this is a very good pre-workout supplement. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in five fantastic flavours
- Includes Beta Alanine to reduce lactic acid accumulation
- L-Citrulline Malate is included to boost endogenous nitric oxide levels
- Provides a range of essential vitamins and minerals
- A potent source of creatine to facilitate muscle cell hydration
- Includes a hearty dose of caffeine to promote mental focus and concentration
As with our previous entries, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout isn’t the best pre-workout supplement because of a lack of essential amino acids, but it definitely provides a cost-effective way of enhancing your performance in the gym.
|Gold Standard Pre Workout|
#7 – Jym Pre-Jym
Moving up through the pre-workout rankings we can see the quality beginning to improve with this excellent supplement that includes BCAA for anabolic signalling, and black pepper extract to increase the absorption of the ingredients. — Only Available at Bodybuilding.com
- Provides essential amino acids to stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Includes Citrulline Malate to increase your pumps and vascularity
- Black pepper extract is included to enhance absorption
- Includes creatine to increase intra-cellular ATP production
- Available in the Cherry Limeade and Raspberry Lemonade flavours
This pre-workout supplement which has been spearheaded by Jim Stoppani would rank higher if there were more than just to flavours available, so hopefully that manufacturer will take heed and begin introducing a few different flavours to mix things up a little.
|Jym Pre Jym|
#6 – BPI Sports 1.M.R Vortex
Rather than relying on the same old ingredients as every other pre-workout, BPI Sports have instead focused their attention on a slightly more interesting list of compounds which are sure to take your performance in the gym to new heights. — Lowest Price We Found
- Designed to help you squeeze out one more rep on your most challenging sets
- Includes glycerol for the ultimate in muscle cell hydration
- Includes the B vitamin Niacin to prime your nervous system for serious performance
- Yohimbe promotes fat mobilisation and increased blood flow
- Available in four tempting flavours
With a ton of caffeine and the ingredients you need to promote almost painful pumps, this is a top pre-workout supplement that is sure to have you throwing iron around the weight room like a juggernaut.
|BPI Sports 1.M.R|
#5 – Rich Piana’s 5% Nutrition Kill It
Praised by bodybuilders around the world, Kill It by Rich Piana’s 5% Nutrition is absolutely certain to provide you with the extra 5% that you need to kill it from the second you first set foot in the gym. — Lowest Price We Found
- Includes three types of creatine to boost ATP levels in your muscle cells
- Lights a fire under your butt with 250 mg of caffeine
- Promotes vasodilation to deliver nutrient-rich blood where it is needed most
- Contains a host of essential vitamins and minerals for optimal performance
- Available in for fruity flavours
This is definitely one of the best pre-workout formulas available in the market, and has obviously been designed with only the most serious bodybuilders and athletes in mind. Check it out if you’re looking to business serious damage!
|Go To Full Product Page|
#4 – ENGN Pre Workout by Evlution Nutrition
This top pre-workout formula includes the ingenious Mind-to-Muscle Matrix Proprietary Blend, which kick starts your motivation, reduces lactic acid, enhances pumps, and generally gets you really kick some serious ass. — Lowest Price We Found
- Include Niacin and Magnesium to stimulate the nervous system
- Two types of Creatine are included to promote intra-cellular ATP production
- Includes Caffeine and Choline Bitartrate to send your mental focus through the roof
- Provides a host of essential vitamins and minerals
- Very well-suited as a women’s pre-workout
The only thing that is really missing from this pre-workout is a source of BCAA, making it a well rounded supplement that, just as its name suggests, will have your engine humming through every single set!
|EVL Nutrition ENGN|
#3 – Pro Supps Mr. Hyde
With this pre-workout supplement flowing through your system you be sure to unleash the beast within, and it’s L-leucine content also provides some great insurance against any muscle breakdown that might occur during your intense training sessions. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in eight mind-blowing flavours
- Provides the BCAA L-leucine to stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Includes a massive dose of caffeine to transform you into Mr. Hyde
- Citrulline promotes nitric oxide production for insane pumps
- Beta Alanine increases pH levels to reduce lactic acid in the muscles
It can be difficult to find good prices on pre-workout supplements that provide BCAA as well as ingredients to promote increased energy levels and overall enhanced performance, but that’s exactly what you’re getting with Mr. Hyde by Pro Supps.
|Go To Full Product Page|
#2 – Betancourt Bullnox Androrush
Smashing its way into second place of our pre-workout supplement rankings is this frankly amazing formulation that includes a dizzying array of advanced ingredients to send your performance into the stratosphere. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in eight awesome flavours
- Also available as a delicious chewy candy
- Contains a whopping six ingredients to promote nitric oxide production
- Includes Caffeine, two Cocoa extracts, and Guarana for ultimate mental clarity
- Includes Zinc and Tribulus Terrestris extract to promote testosterone production
- Includes black pepper extract to facilitate ingredient absorption
You’re going to be like a bull in a china shop with this stuff coursing through your veins, and believe it or not this pre-workout is actually very reasonably priced which makes it an excellent choice for men and women; newbies and advanced bodybuilders alike.
#1 – Cellucor C4 Extreme – Fourth Generation (New Formula)
If you’re looking for a pre-workout supplement the delivers in terms of quality, variety of ingredients, and all-round value for money, then you really can’t go wrong with this year’s best pre-workout: Cellucor C4 Extreme – Fourth Generation. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in six mouth-watering flavours
- Includes vitamin C to control cortisol production
- One of the best priced pre-workouts available
- Contains Arginine for skin-splitting pumps
- Includes Creatine for maximal cell swelling and anabolic signalling
- Also includes Niacin to stimulate the central nervous system for intense training
The new 4th Gen C4 Extreme by Cellucor does just about everything that you could hope for in a pre-workout supplement, making it the best of the bunch and must-have for any serious gym warrior.
|Cellucor C4 4th Gen|
Wrapping Things Up
So now you have all the information you need at your fingertips to make the right choice for your own training goals. C4 Extreme by Cellucor is definitely the best pre-workout supplement for men and women, leaving you with no excuse for not smashing your goals in 2015! With that in mind though, any of the top 10 pre workouts on this list are going to help you achieve your fitness goals. They are all fantastic products that we have narrowed down from hundreds that are available. Pick one that is right for you and if you don’t like it, don’t fret, it’s usually only 30 servings then you can try a different one.