Last Updated on
ⓘ If you buy something using the links below, we get a small commission.
|Where to Buy Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate|
- Check out our Best Whey Protein Powders List
Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate Overview
Changing the game for natural whey protein products is Dymatize Elite Whey Protein. This isolate uses only natural ingredients with a few added extras to favor the consumer. Easy to digest, a good gram to serving size ratio of protein, and a long list of flavors make this protein winner.
Whether it’s getting your crave fixing with Cookies & Cream or indulging in some Chocolate Cake Batter, Dymatize Elite has you covered. Below we’ll detail some of the product ingredients, what they do for you, and discuss some highlights of the product.
What is Whey Protein Isolate?
What makes an isolate stand out from the other forms of whey protein is the pure protein content. Isolates take out some of the unnecessary by-products and infuse the substance with a pure protein that is often free of lactose, carbs, and other substances we tend to avoid. The make-up in the powder is as close to pure protein as a powder can get, often containing at least a 75% protein make-up. This makes it a good target for those looking to fuel muscle growth and recovery in a quick manner.
Placing the whey isolate into a powdered form also improves one’s ability to digest it. It contains less filler contents and the replacement via protein helps locate areas of usage in your body. The reduced intake of glutamine, carbohydrates, and other such ingredients allows your body to adjust to consumption and usage when paired with a healthy diet.
What’s in the Elite Isolate Blend?
The formula used to produce the final product is something that must be looked at carefully and precisely when it comes to whey protein. The back label shows you many different ingredients and it is important to showcase the ones that can benefit or pose a threat. The Dynamize Elite blend is rather tame on the number of ingredients used. The product does contain milk and soy, making it not gluten free, which is something to note for those whom it may affect. Below we’ll detail some ingredients and discuss their importance.
The main takeaway from the back label is the fact that the product contains natural flavors. These flavors aren’t chemically combined or produced, which is a key factor when it comes to health concerns. You’ll also notice that this product is very low on the sugar content. They utilize sucralose and steviol glycosides to create a more naturalized sweetener. It keeps the product tasteful and doesn’t add to a large caloric intake.
It is also a very low-fat product, and by low-fat, we mean almost none. The isolate make-up helps reduce the infusion of these fats, by taking them out in the production process. The fats can be than replaced by the pure protein content and protein isolates that help you fuel your muscle recovery and growth.
Upon the replacement measures and naturalized ingredients, this product also contains an essential element: BCAAs. BCAAs, or branched-chained amino acids, are the essential pieces in the protein synthesis process. They make sure that the intake and distribution of proteins is evenly carried out throughout your body and brain. They break them down if necessary and help infuse muscle growth and recovery. One of the main BCAAs is Leucine. Leucine is mainly responsible for the activation of this synthetization process. They work directly with the proteins and your muscles to ensure they are fueled and ready for the growth and recovery process. The consumer will find 5.5 grams of BCAAs per serving and 2.7 grams of Leucine per serving.
What Makes Dymatize Elite Effective?
As mentioned previously, the protein to serving ratio is very high for the money you are paying. At 25 grams of protein per serving, and 25 servings per 2 lb. tub, Dymatize Elite offers you a lot of bang for your buck. The total comes to just over $1.00 per serving, and is reduced even more with the 5 and 10 lb. sizes.
Keeping with great value, it also carries an effective make-up. The main function of this isolate is to promote muscle growth and recovery. It helps carry out both of these processes in quick fashion due to the high pure protein level. It is something that body builders and your run-of-the-mill dieter can both get behind. The low caloric level works to help you convert fats to muscle, which makes it an effective source for those looking to shed some pounds. The natural flavoring and ingredients are great for the body builder on a strict diet. It contains very few ingredients, most of which carry some additional intrigue, making it the perfect supplement to a strict meal plan.
Is it Easy to Mix?
The pure protein make-up causes for the use of additional ingredients to help improve upon taste. The purer a protein is, the less taste it has. Dymatize does a great job of infusing flavors and keeping the protein level high, a tough feat to accomplish. This powder could be mixed into a yogurt, cereal, or other food partnerships to get a better taste. It does not contain a bad taste, it just lacks the ingredients to give a defiant taste, which can be expected for the amount of other beneficial ingredients used to comprise this isolate.
Mixing it with 12 ounces of water or more will give the product a more bland taste. It can be mixed with milk for a more defiant taste. It does not get chunky, as it is more granular in make-up, which helps with thickness levels and overall consumption. You should find what works for you when it comes to mixing it with other foods or liquids. It mixes just fine with almost anything as far as consistency is concerned, which helps you find multiple areas of usage.
Pros and Cons
All whey protein powders are going to have elements that make them stand out and some things that make them lack luster. You can’t please everyone and there is no such thing as a perfect protein. Below we’ll list off some of the things we love and some of the things we could live without when it comes to this isolate:
- One of the best values on the market. At 25 servings per bottle and 25 grams of protein per serving, this is one of the best proteins money can buy. At that rate, it shouldn’t matter what it tastes like due to the value outweighing any potential concerns.
- The large selection of flavors. It helps you stick with classics like Vanilla Bean or Chocolate, but it can also help you branch out to a Snickerdoodle flavoring. The cheap price tag can help you experiment with flavorings.
- It isn’t think; easy to mix. The mixability helps you find uses you hadn’t even thought of before. You can mix it in with meals or blend it to make a shake.
- The small, but beneficial ingredient list. Less sugars, less fats and less by-products helps create a more natural product. Replacing sugars with sweeteners and adding room for more pure protein, this isolate makes strides in the right direction.
- Used by any demographic to help with any diet. It is fast acting, which means it helps support the vigorous routine of a body builder or helps shed those pounds quickly by turning that fat into muscle.
- It can be lacking in taste. To infuse more pure protein into the product, the user must sacrifice some flavor. This also becomes a sacrifice to include the natural ingredients.
- It does contain milk and soy, making it less useful to those that enjoy a gluten-free option.
- It is also high in cholesterol, which makes it less of a target for individuals looking to keep that in check.
- It hardly contains any fiber or additional vitamins, leaving you to find other foods/supplements to keep your intakes in-line with daily values.
Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate is a great product for those looking to build muscle and recover quickly. It helps the wallet due to the lost cost per serving. The value you get out of this product when you crunch the numbers is truly phenomenal. The move towards a purer product with increased levels of good proteins is something that helps it stand above the competition. We would grade this product an 6/10 when it comes to taste, but a 10/10 when it comes to value.