Heads up, there are affiliate links in this article, so if you buy something, we get a cut of the sale.
ⓘ If you buy something using the links below, we get a small commission.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Probiotic Series
Sometimes, even a high protein diet and a regular exercise program is just not enough to build the lean muscle and lose the fat. This is where supplements like the Myofusion Probiotic Series comes into play. This high protein powder gives the health-conscious the extra nutrients they need to achieve their physical fitness goals.
What is It?
Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series is a supplement which is designed to help athletes, body builders, and those just generally interested in getting or staying in shape to build the kind of lean muscle mass that they need and want. This supplement is designed to be used before, during, or after a workout depending on the consumer’s needs to decrease the recovery time in between workouts and also to improve digestive and immune health.
What is in It?
The effectiveness of the supplement is based upon its high-quality ingredients. The Myofusion Probiotic Series contains not only a patented protein blend, but is also rich in amino acids and contains a probiotic component that helps to not only improve digestion, but also boost the immune system.
Check out the ingredients in this unique protein supplement:
- Myofusion Pro Blend, a patented combination of proteins from whey, brown rice, egg albumin, and milk that forms the basis of this supplement.
- Glucose polymer, for quick energy.
- Taurine and L glutamine, both amino acids
- Nondairy creamer
- Dipotassium phosphate
- Natural and artificial flavors
- Xanthum and cellulose gum and carrageen (as fillers)
- Acesulfane potassium
- Sucralose, an artificial sweetener
- Lactase, an enzyme to help digest dairy products
- Probiotic bacteria (in the form of a patented strain which is unique to this particular supplement)
Because of these ingredients, every 2 scoops of powder provides the user gets 48 grams of protein, 18 amino acids, and 500 million CFU of probiotic bacteria. This can help both build muscles and improve the way the body digests food.
This supplement does tend to be effective for what is promises to do in regards to the building of muscle mass during a workout program. It is not just the company itself who stands beside this. There are several studies which have looked at the main active ingredients in this supplement – i.e., protein and amino acids – and have found them effective as a workout supplement.
In one study of men participating in a resistance training program, several different kinds of whey protein supplement were given to test their effects. It was found that, in all groups, the whey supplement was able to increase overall skeletal muscle mass as well as both upper and lower body strength.
In research which looked at resistance-trained men who were given supplements of either protein (based on whey or casein) or amino acids found that both groups experienced increases in bench presses and leg presses, though the gains were greater with the participants who had protein supplementation.
In yet another clinical trial, resistance-trained men who took a protein and amino acid supplement showed greater increase in lean tissue mass and bench presses than those who supplemented with the placebo or with protein alone. This combination of both protein and amino acids may be why the Myofusion supplement is so effective.
Gaspari Nutrition reports that quality of their product is backed up by rigorous clinical testing and research.
Outside sites have also given this supplement rave reviews. Supplement Review Pal rated it as a 4.5 out of 5, basing this on taste, how easily digestible it is, and how much it helps to support the build-up of muscle tissue. And on the Amazon site, 86% of customers who wrote a review of this product gave it either a 5- or a 4-star rating.
Pros and Cons
As with any product, there are advantages and disadvantages to this supplement.
- This supplement is high in protein to help build up muscles and decrease recovery time.
- Most customers reported that this supplement tastes great and comes in a variety of flavors, including vanilla, banana, strawberries and cream, chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon roll, and cookies and cream.
- The probiotic component of this supplement truly does improve digestion while strengthening the body’s immunity.
- The forms of protein available in this product are easily digested and thus easily used by the body for the formation of lean muscle tissue.
- The product has an overall good nutritional profile.
- This product contains ingredients like milk, eggs, and soy, so people with allergies need to be aware of this.
- It also contains ingredients such as artificial sweeteners like sucralose and fillers like carrageen as well as cellulose and xanathan gum.
- The product is not made in a facility compliant with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), which were set out by the FDA to help ensure the quality and consistency of supplements.
One of the best things about this product is its taste: customers from several review sites gave this supplement high marks for its great flavor, comparing it favorably to other protein shakes and supplements. It comes in several different flavors, including chocolate, vanilla, bananas, strawberries and cream, chocolate-peanut butter, cinnamon roll, and cookies and cream.
Customers also have several options when it comes to mixing this product up:
- This powder can be added to 6-8 fluid ounces of water or 2 scoops to 12-16 ounces with water, nonfat milk, or other beverage of choice. Then shake the cup vigorously to mix the powder in or stir it in with a spoon for 20 seconds.
- It is also possible to add this powder and water to a blender, blend for 30 seconds, then add 1-2 ice cubes and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Value for Money
This product’s price will vary considerably depending on the site where it is purchased; it appears that the best deal is generally to be found on Amazon: $24.99 for a two pound bag of powder. On other sites, the price can be higher. However, the product does taste good. It also mixes easily with water, juice, or other liquids and does provide high-quality protein for those who need to support muscle growth.
In short, for those who work out regularly and need nutritional support for the development of lean muscle mass, this is a good choice for supplementation. Again, however, those with allergies to soy, milk, or eggs should be aware that this is not the right product for them.
The Myofusion Probiotic Series is a protein- and amino acid-rich supplement which provides athletes — and others with an interest in physical fitness — with the extra nutrients that they need to build lean muscle mass and lose body fat. It contains a probiotic component which can improve overall digestive and immune health. While it is a little on the pricey side, it is also a product with quality ingredients with protein based on natural sources like whey and brown rice. However, it does contain artificial ingredients like sucralose and allergens like eggs, milk, and soy, which customers need to be aware of before purchasing. Still, taken as a whole, this product is a great-tasting and simple way to increase protein intake in order to build muscles and stay or get into the desired shape.